Thursday, July 22, 2010

Proposed skate park for downtown

A few weeks ago I noticed metal brackets appear around the building I work to keep skateboarders off. It got me wondering if there was a place for skateboarding in Rochester. Today I found out about Roc City Park, a proposed skate park off South Ave under the Freddie Sue aka Fredrick Douglas Susan B Anthony Memorial Bridge. I was surprised to find the proposal has approval from the city and is in the process of raising $500,000 to begin construction. Here is a rendering of the park I found on its website roccitypark.com:


I am very excited to know that the city is behind incorporating the skating community into downtown. The park will do a good job bridging the gap between downtown and the popular Southwedge neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment